Gynaecology is the specialty concerned with medical and surgical
conditions of the female reproductive system (except from those
related to pregnancy and child-birth, which is obstetrics). The
female reproductive system comprises of the ovaries, the fallopian
tubes, the uterus and the vagina.
Service provided includes:-
- General Gynaecological consultations
- Laparoscopy - Keyhole surgery including sterilisation using a
telescope through the abdominal wall.
- Colposcopy - Using a microscope to view the cervix where there
has been an abnormal smear.
- Hysteroscopy - A telescope is used to check the cavity of the
- A range of surgery including hysterectomy (both abdominal and
vaginal), prolapse surgery and acute gynaecological surgical
February 22, 2016