The Bay of Plenty District Health Board Catchment Area
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board (BOPDHB) serves a
population of 214,170 for the major population centres of Tauranga,
Katikati, Te Puke, Whakatāne, Kawerau and Opotiki. Eighteen
Iwi are located within our district.
We employ 3,063 staff (including casual employees) in total,
with 85% female and 10% Māori and cover two hospital sites -
Tauranga and Whakatāne.
As a DHB, we expect to deliver a range of services
- 2,532 children immunised by 2 years of age
- 2,407 children receiving before school checks
- School dental services to an enrolled population of 34,846
- 8,357 people receiving elective surgery
- 1,035,000 community laboratory tests
- 6,150 smokers admitted to hospital receiving support to
- 51,606 patients attending follow-up outpatient clinics
- 6,976 Diabetes Annual Reviews conducted
- 207,920 people enrolled with their Primary Health
- 714,530 hours of home support services for over 65s
- 460,070 aged residential care bed days.
September 21, 2015