Planning and Funding / Te Teo Herenga Waka
Our planning and funding decisions balance the goal of improving
the health of the whole population in our district with managing
the ongoing service needs of the community.
We have to be smart with our funding and put money into areas
where we can do the most good. The Minister of Health asks us to
deliver value for money, to reduce inequalities and manage chronic
The Planning and Funding team, known as Te Teo Herenga Waka, is
responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for planning and funding
health and disability services across the Bay of Plenty district
and determining how best to invest the funding we receive from
Government to meet the health needs of our population. The
core responsibilities of the Planning and Funding Division are:
- Assessing our population's current and future health
- Determining the best mix and range of services to be
- Building partnerships with service providers, Government
agencies and other DHBs;
- Engaging with our stakeholders and community;
- Leading the development of new service plans and strategies in
health priority areas;
- Prioritising and implementing national health and disability
policies and strategies in relation to local need;
- Undertaking and managing contractual agreements with service
- Monitoring, auditing and evaluating service delivery.
Through our Planning and Funding Division, we enter into service
agreements or arrangements with the organisations or individuals
who can best provide the health and disability services required to
meet the needs of our population, achieve the objectives of the DHB
and enhance efficiencies across the whole of the health system.
Our Annual Plan explains what actions we will
take in the coming year.
October 26, 2016