Sexual Health Clinics - Bay of Plenty
Also known as Whakatāne-Clinic
1 and Tauranga-Clinic
- These Clinics form the Bay of Plenty DHB's Sexual Health
- Free Drop-in clinic or appointments available for sexual health
- Friendly highly trained staff make it easy to get checked for
STI's (sexually transmitted infections).
- A check-up is recommended for anyone with symptoms or who has
had sex without a condom with someone new. Most people with STI's
like chlamydia and gonorrhoea have no symptoms but can still pass
it on to someone else. Get a check-up to protect yourself and
protect your partners.
- Free tests are available for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Herpes, Warts, Syphilis, HIV
and Hepatitis. Results are quick and followed with free
- Drop-in clinics are open to anyone, no referral or appointment
is necessary. The clinics work on a "first in- first served" bases
and as there are limited places, people are advised to arrive early
in the session. Every attempt will be made to a see people on
the same day, but, this may not be possible on really busy
- Testing is free, including for visitors to New Zealand.
The clinics are for people who need an STI (sexually transmitted infection) check. We can
also help with contraception, pregnancy testing and all sorts of
advice and tips from our friendly expert nurses. You don't need a
referral from your GP or family doctor to see us.
The clinic visits are free. They are
confidential* whatever your age. They are friendly.
They are staffed by expert nurses and doctors who are trained to
make you feel comfortable discussing your sexual health.
* What does 'Confidential' mean?
Confidential means we won't discuss with anyone else, the things
we talk about in clinic, unless we are worried about one of these
1) That you will seriously harm
2) That someone will seriously
3) That you will seriously harm
If we are worried about these, we may need to tell someone who
can help you stay safe, but we will always try to tell you about it
1 is based in Whakatane Hospital but also has weekly
clinics in Trident High School and Whakatāne High School.
is based near Tauranga Hospital in Lois Pearl House. We also have a
clinic in Te Puke on Wednesday's.
February 22, 2016